voloshek

Feedback after creating first project

I signed up today, great tool!
I was working on a serious project (you can see preview at http://gotiggr.com/preview/13362/ ). Overall it was great experience using Tiggr, however I had some minor difficulties and have some suggestions.

1. I didn't find an ability to set x and y properties of a component on event. I used set HTML "style" attributes instead, but I'd really like to do it via set property.

2. It would be nice to be able to execute actions on certain conditions, it will make events really powerful. I'd like for instance, have a button that changes mouth from open to closed and back instead of two radio buttons.

3. After I set events to radio buttons, they stopped being selected when clicked. The action is performed on click, but radio button doesn't get selected

4. It's hard to click the radio button, it only is clicked on the small circle, and not on its text

5. Once I had a problem on saving. The "saving" popup wouldn't disappear. I waited for a minute, gave up and closed the tab. Fortunately, everything was saved. Thought maybe you need to know it.

6. Would be awesome to have a timer component/event. I'd like my bee to dance by itself!

Is there a chance that it will be implemented soon? Thanks again for a great tool

akomolov

Voloshek,
let me check with developers.
I'll let you know tomorrow what issues/when can be fixed.

P.S. I really liked your project!

akomolov

Voloshek, would it be possible for you to share your project with me ( akomolov at exadel.com)? I'd like to check your components composition in the visual editor.

voloshek

Thank you for quick response, Andrei.

Sure, I shared it with you. You just reminded me of some small features that I sort of expected of the software but they are not present now.
#7 would be nice to be able to move components with keyboard with speed up/down on shift/alt (like in most editors),
#8 and when moving with mouse, holding shift could make components moving just along one axis (would be very helpful if snap to grid is off)
#9 Double click on screen name in left panel could toggle rename of this screen (or pressing F2), the same for delete button.
#10. I can't select multiple sets of components with rectangular area. I select first rectanglular area, components get selected, press shift select second area. But the first set gets unselected.

voloshek

I just played with annotations. Great that you have them. I'm just curious why my bee gets semi-transparent when annotations are on, and I can't manipulate any controls until I turn annotations off. And I also noticed that when I turn annotations on/off, I can no longer undo any previous operation. Any ideas why?

Thanks

akomolov

Voloshek, to answer your questions:
#1: style is the only way to do it for now. We've implemented an "HTML property" action intentionally to see what properties require a separate action and what properties can be set using css-style. We are collecting a feedback from community on it.

#2: events on conditions - good idea. What would be the best way to implement it in your opinion - a js editor, a dropdown wizard?

#3: thanks for reporting it, will be fixed next week

#4: the same as #3( will be fixed)

#5: it's good that the project has been saved. We are adding a "history" and "autosave" features in the editor to ensure that no data is lost. It'll be available in the middle of June

#6: yes, it would be cool. But then you would be building a JS application, not a prototype, isn't it :)? Anyway, we are thinking about it. The biggest problem is to figure out at what point visual editor becomes counter-productive. One way would be to add ability to write a custom JS snippets to manipulate attributes. What do you think?
#7-#10: I'll report it to developers, let's see what can be done quickly

#11: on annotations: the reason why you can edit annotations and controls at the same time is because the structure and model of our controls is much more complex than in other (popular) tools. Our components closely follow HTML dom structure, which is leveraged for codegeneration. As an example, our panels are containers with various layouts, they can be nested etc. Any control belongs to one of containers(and a page is the top one). With annotations, it is not clear what container it belongs to ( like an arrow - it may span across multiple panels). Therefore, we've created a separate layer to hold all anotations ( similar to a separate div in html).

Return to “Issues”