Rob Elliott

Can we copy and paste actions with controls?

Let's say I've created a button or a link and assign an action to it. When I copy that button/link to another screen the action does not copy as well. Is that expected behavior?

maxkatz

When you copy to a different screen, the events shouldn't be copied as the button/link could reference components not on that screen. But, let me confirm...

Rob Elliott

I believe it did copy the link action when a control was copied and pasted in Tiggr 1.0

This may have changed with the implementation of templates, but I'd much prefer it the other way.

maxkatz

When you copy and paste a component into the same screen, events/actions are copied.

When you copy and paste a component into a different screen, events/actions are not copied.

We are thinking of adding a dialog which will ask whether to copy events/actions with the component. What do you think?

Rob Elliott

I think this is definitely needed. It's incredibly handy to be able to copy and paste a menu bar or buttons from one screen to the next.

Templates work well for "global" controls (those that appear on every page), but there is still a need to duplicate objects on multiple pages to simulate different types of functionality (customer vs. administrator, etc.) Recreating the actions for those controls on every single page is tedious and lends itself to mistakes.

:)

maxkatz

I'm going to find out the status on this...

maxkatz

Okey, got the information. We will support copying events in the same page and into different pages.

Return to “Issues”