mehtashail

receiving notification when push notification is sent and app is open.

I have push notifications working correctly. However when the user is within the app the do not get push notifications. Is there a way to notify/alert the user if they receive a message when they are in the app. Is this expected behavior?

Kateryna Grynko

Hi,

You can run any code on Push notification event, including alert. By default, you will see a pop-up message if the application is running. Please check whether you have a working application that writes device data to Database: http://docs.appery.io/tutorials/sendi...

mehtashail

Katya -
I would presume it does because push notifications work. I can even use the appery's ui to push notifications out successfully. I just dont get an alert when I am using the application. For "Push notification" event I have it setup to navigate to a page. But that doesnt happen in any case.

thanks
shail

Illya Stepanov

Hi Mehtashail,

We have tested your case with push notification and it's working as expected.

The use case:
ol
liOpen application on the page (which is have a push notification handler)./li

liSend notification./li

liAlert in application will immediately appears./li
/ol
May be your reason is that you are currently on another page (which is don't have push notification event handler)?

Please check it out.

And if you have a problem (may be it's related to your particular app) please share your app with us and we will take a look.

Regards.

mehtashail

So every page in the app will need to have push event handling? Is this true for the "resume" action as well? I didnt quite gather that from the docs.

thanks

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Shail,

Yes, you would need to handle Push on every page. Let us know if you have any problems.

Return to “Issues”