Joe7349603

October Release-Binary Data with API Express Service

I have been waiting for this functionality of Binary Support within API Express; however, looking at what was posted by my Mark left me confused. Someone please provide clarity, documentation and/or quick video tutorial.

1st, API express doesn't support Files DB- Predefined collections. So If I am using Appery Mongo DB, then my images will by default be loaded to the Files DB but then API Express doesn't support that, can someone please provide clarity here.

The logic I have right now is: 1st service- Load (POST) Images to FILE DB (Predefined collection); on success, return image location URL and do a 2nd POST to another collection (I define this) where I load the rest of the data and I include the image URL. This 2nd POST currently utilizes API express and it works great. My intention is to use API express on the 1st POST (loading images) and on success call the 2nd POST (Also using API EXpress) service to load rest of the data.

2nd- Does this new capability support model and storage.

I am not sure if I am mixing things up here but I would really appreciate more clarity and direction and while at it please update the documentation to reflect this new change which is big albeit quietly talked about.

Joe7349603

Any feedback in this?

Illya Stepanov

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your question.

You can use REST service for retrieving file which has been uploaded in Appery.io Cloud Database Files collection.

For more clarification on that matter could you please describe what exactly you trying to achieve when saying: "My intention is to use API express on the 1st POST (loading images) and on success call the 2nd POST (Also using API EXpress) service to load rest of the data."

Joe7349603

Hi Illya,

In my APP right now, I use API express for all offline syncing of raw (text) data. My intention now (with this new upgrade) is to use API express for offline syncing of Binary data (photos).

When I tried to link API express with Files collection I was not able to, so my question is how can I use API express for offline syncing of binary data (Images) residing on the default FILE collection?

See this topic ( https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/... ) where I describe my issue in greater details and where Appery (Galyna) promised this will be possible with this new update.

Greatly appreciate your prompt feedback.

Thanks Illya

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Joe,

We have the update from our development team. Unfortunately you can't upload images to the Files collection in offline. We're working on this feature, but it's still unavailable.

Joe7349603

Thanks Evgene but I have to say I am disappointed because there was misleading information (promise) given that actually made me put development on hold with the promise that offline syncing of binary data was coming.

My next question is, what then was this October release all about specifically the "Send Binary Data with API Express Service".

Evgene Karachevtsev

Dear Joe,

We were planning to add such such possibility in October, but unfortunately it was transferred to another release.

Return to “Issues”