Vinny B

App reverts back to previous version automatically

After installing the app on an IOS device (did not test Android) the APP will revert back to an older version automatically.

Code: Select all

Workflow:   
         The user download the APP from the App Store. 
         The App is working fine.  
         But then the app FLICKERS navigates to the home page. 
         The APP is now the OLD version.  

I tested in IOS simulator. 
       I reset the simulator so its not a cached issue in simulator 
       I changed the version code to a higher number 

I upload a video to YOU TUBE so u can see it. (its not listed on you tube and I will remove it when its not needed anymore)

Video:
0:00 - 2:35 are my settings and how I installed it in Xcode
2:35 - 3:26 you can see the app function and (FLICKER)
3:26 - 3:40 you can see I erased and reset simulator
3:40 - 5:49 you can see I tested it gain
5:49 - end you can see that it work in browser without issue.

div class="video-container"iframe height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T0X4Lbm01Fg"/iframe

Sorry poor video, used my phone & for clearing my voice.

Bruce Stuart

Vinny,

Press export / auto-update (that is the flickering - auto update is loading the last update - if you were to watch it in the simulator - you would see the files loading in the console - just before auto update kicks in) ... and auto update will have your most recent version.....

(Auto update does not seem to care if it has the most recent version of the code - it just installs it if you have the plugin installed - and your code is different than the code in the app)...

Or - remove the hot code push plugin - from your app.

Happy Monday,

Bruce

Vinny B

Thanks for replying and helping with my other problem via email. You got me heading on the right directions. I am aware of the Work Around about the update. But first it shows a clear problem with the backend of appery and I’m having other issues.

Vinny B

Any fix for this. I push out an updated through the app store and it reverts back to the old version.

If I use the auto update feature before they upgrade though the app store then the app dont work because it requires new corodova plug ins

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Vinny,

Could you please clarify have you changed anything on the Source tab?
How do you do the navigation between pages? Does it work fine in the browser preview?

Vinny B

I Have not changed anything is source tab.

I navigate between pages using the ON CLICK event with a standard appery button.(what does that have to do with it)

Browser mode the app works fine EXCEPT what requires a cordova plugin. ( this is normal)

The problem is they down load the app from the app store then the auto update feature of APPERY reverts it back to a previous version.

Serhii Kulibaba

Please share (https://docs.appery.io/docs/teams-sha...) your app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a and provide us with the app name and the link to the App Store

Return to “Issues”