araskin3i

close two popups and return to main screen

Here is my scenario.

1. App loads and main screen is display

2. User clicks on item and an Item Detail POPUP is displayed

3. On this Item Detail Popup, the user clicks on the DELETE button

4. A second POPUP is displayed asking the user to confirm the deletion

5. User clicks CONFIRM and the 'delete' service is called

6. On the SUCCESS of the service call, I want to return to the main screen (point 1). I have tried calling the CLOSE POPUP event for both the Confirmation and the Item Detail but the Item Detail does not close.

I have also tried doing an Appery.navigateTo but this 'almost' works. The main screen is indeed displayed but I noticed that the first click I make after that fails (nothing happens). I have to click twice to get something to happen.

What is the best way to do this?

maxkatz

This might be a workaround. In the first popup, instead of opening another popup -- could you navigate to the confirmation page? Yet another solution, is to use the browser confirm(..) dialog to confirm the delete instead of an actual popup.

araskin3i

Thanks Max.

Using a Appery.navigateTo works BUT the first click after returning to the main screen fails every time. It seems to be ignored by the browser.

I am sure that using confirm() will work fine but I am trying to not use any of the alert/confirm functions as I dont like the look and feel.

araskin3i

OK I think I misunderstood you.

Your suggestion was to navigate back to the main page and not explicitly close the PopUps. I just tried it and unfortunately it seems to suffers from the same issue. Once I am returned to the main screen, the first two clicks fail.

Do you think I should log this as a bug?

Oleg Danchenkov

Could you give us public link to your application and steps to reproduce this problem?

araskin3i

Hi Oleg,

I would prefer not to provide a public link as this will be a commercial product. Perhaps I can provide the link privately in some way? Or, if you prefer, I can simply log this issue under a Priority Support. Please advise.

Oleg Danchenkov

Sure, log this issue under a Priority Support.

araskin3i

Thanks Oleg. I have logged the priority request.

Return to “Issues”