Chris N

Mapping edit support in Bootstrap/AngularJS

I've been able to make use of the pre-invoke and successful-invoke service mapping without any issues - it adds the mapping code back into the service call code without issues. This is fine for adding mapping, but as far as I can tell, there isn't any support currently for editing mapping. If I click mapping again it doesn't see any of the previous mapping entries. I have two questions related to this:

1. Is there an anticipated date for when edit support will be added?

2. When edit support is added, will it work for mapping items created with the old method, or will it require mapping these items again from scratch? When the UI based way of editing is added, how will code level items be supported?

Thanks!

Serhii Kulibaba

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not clear enough. Could you please provide more details, screen shots would also help.

Chris N

Hi Sergiy,

Lets say I make a new function which invokes a service:

I click on the pre-invoke mapping, and add a simple mapping from token to the authorized header. When I return to the function code from mapping, it adds the mapping code into the function:

Once mapping has been done, the mapping function in Appery.io forgets about previous mappings. If I click the mapping function again (say, to edit one of the mapping entries), no mapping appears. I can even add the same mapping again, and it creates a duplicate:

My question is related to the future development around the creation of functions. Is this the expected behavior for mapping and functions in the future as well? If not, what changes are expected? How will those changes impact code previously created in the beta version?

Serhii Kulibaba

Mapping Edition will be implemented in future only for mapping without user's changes.

Chris N

Thanks Sergiy. When will Mapping Edition be updated to support similar functionality which is present in the jquery style applications? e.g.

1. edit mapping functionality

2. multiple gui driven events for pre-invoke/success-invoke

I would like to move our project from the jquery style app, but need the ability to edit mapping in order to minimize the amount of rework (there is significant mapping in the current application, and the idea of having to manually redo the mapping for every edit is hard to take).

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Chris,

Unfortunately it's hard to say yet how will the mapping look like, we'll post an update (most likely in our blog) when we'll have more details.

Chris N

Thank you Evgene, do you know when the next update to Bootstrap/AngularJS will be released? Or when it is scheduled to come out of beta status?

I'm trying to figure out when we should schedule our application re-write in this application type.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Chris,

Most likely it will be in a few weeks. You may also monitor it here: https://devcenter.appery.io/roadmap/

Return to “Issues”