Mark6921260

Button to open webpage with inAppBrowser does not work on iOS 10.

My app has a button that uses "window.open(localStorage.getItem('link'), '_blank');" to open an internet browser and navigate to a page that has a tool the user can use to locate a product. I was notified that this button had stopped working on iPhones and iPads running iOS10. I tried to recreate the issue using the Weinre debugger but the but could not. I then exported the project into a Xcode project and opened on a Mac using Xcode. I noticed that using target = _blank was not working with iOS 10 iPone emulator but when I changed the target = _system that it would work in the Mac's iPhone emulator for iOS10. So I resubmitted my app to the iTunes app store and it is now ready for sale, I tested the app on a device with iOS10 and the button still doesn't work. Are you able to help me at all with this? The app works great as a web app and on Android devices.

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Mark,

Please clarify, what libraries version do you use? What version of the inAppBrowser plugin do you use in your app?

Mark6921260

Hello Sergiy,

The project used the latest Libraries version v4.0.

The app does not use the inAppBrowser plugin. I made a mistake, I thought that "inAppBrowser" was a term for an app opening a browser event. My app uses the window.open(, ) command to open a browser and navigate to the link.

To reproduce the error: Use an iPhone or iPad device with iOS10 and download the app from the iTunes app store "Packard Draft Inducer Guide".

1. on the first screen, enter "11" and choose any of the suggestions that appear
    .Image

2.On the next screen tap on the image of the item.

2. Tap on the "Find a Distributor" button and the app freezes. It should open a browser and navigate to the link programmed in the app. Why?

Thank you Image

Illya Stepanov

Hello Mark -

Just to clarify is it related to your issue that you've posted here: https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...

Mark6921260

Hello Illya,

No these are not related. My apologies as I now see how I should have stated this.

Illya Stepanov

Mark - have you enabled sharing with support for this project? Please remind me the project name if you did.

Mark6921260

Yes sir, Share with Support has been turned on.
The name of this project is Packard Draft Inducer.

Thank you.

Illya Stepanov

Mark - I have checked your app and the exported project in xCode was failed to run. The app runs on the device using Cordova WebView - and for handling all the interactions with navigation to a browser or a system browser are all related with InAppBrowser Cordova plugin, in your project it was disabled. And you also need to select all the latest versions for Core Cordova plugins in your App Settings when you have upgraded the Libraries version to 4.0.

After resetting all Source changes in your project and adding InAppBrowser - 1.5.0 - everything work correctly.

Mark6921260

Hello Illya,

Just to clarify, I need to

1. reset all source changes
  2. enable InAppBrowser 1.5.0 by checking the box? (do I need to disable InAppBrowser 1.0.1?)
  3. select all the latest versions for Core Cordova plugins.
Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Mark,

Yes, this is correct.

1. Please delete all edited files on the Source tab (they are blue) and make Undo all source changes for the parent folders, after that you can make these changes again, if you need them.
  2. Enable the latest version of the InAppBrowser plugin and don't enable other version.
  3. Select all the latest versions for other Cordova plugins you need only.

Return to “Issues”