andyk

Replacing default icons in ios binary

I have uploaded all of the correctly sized icons in App Settings/iOS Binary however when I check in the source folder/icons some of the icons still show the default "green iphone" icon.

No problem, I'll just replace them in the icons folder manually except for the files named a href="mailto:Icon-72@2x.png" rel="nofollow"Icon-72@2x.png/a but when I try and upload a file named the same I get the message: "Name should only contain characters from a-z, A-Z, 0-9, ., -, _ ranges, '.' should not be last symbol, Space symbols are not allowed".

So I have two questions, 1) if I have uploaded the correctly sized icon in the iOS Binary screen why hasn't it replaced the default icon (most have been replaced with my icons, 3 haven't. and 2) Why can't I upload a file to replace another with the same name?

Alena Prykhodko

Hello,

1. Could you delete manually default icons on Source tab and add your own again? Please ensure your icons have correct format and size.
  2. It's not supported, you can delete old file and upload new one.
andyk

Sorry, can you explain what is meant by "it's not supported you can delete old file and upload new one"?

If I am replacing the file a href="mailto:Icon-72@2x.png" rel="nofollow"Icon-72@2x.png/a with one using another name, where is a href="mailto:Icon-72@2x.png" rel="nofollow"Icon-72@2x.png/a called from so I can ensure the correct icon is being called. You cannot upload a file with that name because of the file naming requirements. Thanks.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Andyk,

You should delete the old icon in the sources and upload the new one with the same name instead of it.

andyk

But you cannot upload a file with the name a href="mailto:72@2x.png" rel="nofollow"72@2x.png/a.

If you try and upload it you just get an error message because the name contains characters that are not allowed (the '@' sign). There are other files with names that contain characters that are not allowed, i.e. Default-Landscape@2xipad.png in the iOS/Resources/Splash folder.

Sorry to belabor this point, but I don't understand how you can replace a file with one of the same name when the system will not allow you to upload it.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Andyk,

We are sorry, this is a bug. We are working on it.

andyk

Thanks for the response!

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

Looks like there is another workflow for changing default icons for IOS. Switch to App Settings-IOS binary. Select desired pictogram in Icons section, and with "Browse" button navigate to Media Manager, choose an image with appropriate size (image name doesn't matter). Default icon will be replaced with chosen image automatically. You shouldn't do any renaming manually on Source tab. Image with name with @ can be uploaded. Name is automatically changed.

David7338269

I deleted the old splash images and now I can't export a build. How can I restore the files back?

Husain Al Majid

I have the same problem now and it is keeping apple to reject my app. since one month ago. please, did you solve this bug. I am so upset.

thanks

Return to “Issues”