Illya Stepanov

Replacing default icons in ios binary

Hi Husain -

Could you please explain what changes have you made to your project in Appery.io?

Husain Al Majid

I didnt do anything. The problem started when apple rejected my app due to not complying with the their guidelines. They said the app included some images that belong to apples and they shown me them. The images was included automatically as default when I can not upload my own application icon image for 72 pt Ipad icon image at ios setting at appery editter. So ..my problem is that I cannot change the default icon image from the setting page. When I tried to remove them from the source I got an error when exporting to binary package.

Please I need a help.

Thanks for yr soon response

Illya Stepanov

I have replied you by email.

There is no need to upload icons files into project Source folder -- there is solution below:

[quote:]

Maryna Brodina 11 months ago
Hello!

Looks like there is another workflow for changing default icons for IOS. Switch to App Settings-IOS binary. Select desired pictogram in Icons section, and with "Browse" button navigate to Media Manager, choose an image with appropriate size (image name doesn't matter). Default icon will be replaced with chosen image automatically. You shouldn't do any renaming manually on Source tab. Image with name with @ can be uploaded. Name is automatically changed.
[/quote]

EJLD

"Your app does not comply with the Guidelines for Using Apple's Trademarks and Copyrights. Specifically, your app includes:

• Apple trademark, iPhone, imagery - or likeness - in the icon. "

Apple rejected because of this issue.
    I however uploaded the icons. any idea ?

in addition, realize that this issue has been going on for 3 yrs or though. several threads were closed since then. can you guys simply remove this logo or change it for a more generic phone illustration that would not breach with Apple compliance.
    it's just painful to have the app rejected due to such external factor.
    thks in advance
    Eric

EJLD

Hi There, it seems solved. The default icon seems replaced by the actual app's one.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Dear Eric,

Thank you for the update, glad you get it working!

Return to “Issues”