EJLD

iOS Background Location

Hi There, I am submitting my iOS app to iTunes Connect.
They rejected it saying "What features or functionality in the app require Background Location to be enabled?"
basically, I don't need that functionality.
Therefore, could you tell me how to remove it from the setting ?
Thks in advance,
Eric

Logan

iOS Background Location

Hi EJLD.

Have you installed any cordova background location plugins in your project?

That might be the issue for rejection.

Logan.

EJLD

iOS Background Location

Hi Logan, thks for your msg.
I'll check but I didn't do such thing unless it s as default setting.
I saw something in the app setting iOS keys tab under the UIBackgroundModes , the "location" was selected.
Logan, I won't ask you such question but to Appery:

Hi "Support", how to deselect without selecting another item from that list ?
Thks in advance
Eric

Illya Stepanov

iOS Background Location

Hi Eric,

Could you please expand the information that you've received from Apple in here: "What features or functionality in the app require Background Location to be enabled?" - as I'm not sure that I understand.

EJLD

iOS Background Location

Hi Illya, here below the screenshot of Apple's msg. looking forward to receiving your direction soon (it's not a critical update but I shld release it asap anyway). thks

EJLD

iOS Background Location

Hi There, I know it's wknd but any idea where to look for solving that bkgrnd stuff issue ?

Matt6607699

iOS Background Location

I think that you can change that in xcode after you export the app to it. There are probably instructions for setting it if you google xcode background location.

EJLD

iOS Background Location

Matt, thanks for taking time to advise. In fact, I m using appery in original version not to have to deal with xcode. I believe Support will have the solution soon. Support ???

Illya Stepanov

iOS Background Location

Hi Eric,

Since I'm not familiar with your project it's really hard for me to identity the reason of such question from Apple side. Could you please enable sharing with support for your project and we will take a closer look.

Apple new iOS requirements are considering a Geolocation service as a background service by default, if it's invoked from a hybrid app.

EJLD

iOS Background Location

Hi Illya, thanks for taking care of this. I have just turned "share" on. the app name is "collect4good" you can go.
basically, there is nothing that needs to locate users. it must be a setting by default somewhere (or something I pressed by mistake at some point). pls hv a look at it and tell me. thanks in advance, Eric

Return to “Issues”