Viktor

Image rotates

When I upload an image via file uploader, it later shows up normally on phone. But on computer is appears rotated? Any way to fix this?
Also is there a way to limit file uploader to only images? (Not using the camera service)

Thanks

Pavel Zarudniy

Image rotates

Hi Viktor,
Unfortunately it is not clear enough. Could you please provide more details, screen shots would also help.

Viktor

Image rotates

Sorry, the app has a file uploader, where you can upload images. These images are then listed on another page. Images uploaded via computer are ok. But if you upload an image via my iphone, that image (in the list) is rotated 90 degrees to the left. If you view the app on your phone the image is normal, this problem only happens when you visit the app or test on the computer.

Viktor

Image rotates

Might add that it only happens when you upload a picture which is just photographed and not taken from photo library.

Viktor

Image rotates

In the images below, (not actual app, example app) the owl is uploaded via computer and the candle is a picture i took with my phone when uploading.

Illya Stepanov

Image rotates

Hi Viktor -

Could you please be more specific, as this process is not clear -- you can take photo only in exported and installed app on the device. How after that you're viewing your app inside the desktop/mobile browser preview?

Viktor

Image rotates

I think its pretty clear... Spoke to someone on your support team by email about it. They said that they would look into it and do some testing, then reply here. After that I saw that they removed the option to take a photo (when uploading file from iOS) and limiting to only upload from photo library. Now however when you upload from library the same thing happens which is: the photo rotates 90 degrees as illustrated in the attached photos above. Note that this only happens when viewing the image from a computer. Which also you can see in the images above.

Viktor

Image rotates

with file uploader you can upload photos from your phone even if your on safari for example on iOS

Viktor

Image rotates

the problem is that it rotates. thats it.

Illya Stepanov

Image rotates

So, you are testing as a web app in desktop browser and uploading photos from device library from a mobile browser? -- Is this correct?

Return to “Issues”