Carlota

Copy and paste Pages/Services/Components to other project?

Illya
Sorry, I tried the workaround you suggested, but I couldn't make it work as expected.
If I click on the option to "export as Appery.io plugin" then uncheck "Export entire project" to select a specific Custom Component; it seems the option "Add this plugin as project template. It will be available during project creation step" is no longer clickable.
Am I missing something?
Thank you in advance!
Carlota F:

Illya Stepanov

Carlota,

Do you want to export whole app or some component inside this app?

Carlota

Illya
My question is related to the possibility to backup and restore a custom component. From the documentation I learned that if I export it as a plugin then I can "backup" it (see the screenshot I attached on my previous comments) but I could not find the option to "restore" it; just in case I make some changes afterwords but then I realize I want to undo them.
This plugin "backup" option is intriguing for me, I do not see what can I do with the backups.
Thank you in advance!
Carlota F:

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

If you saved your project as Plugin, there should be an option to create app from plugin

Carlota

Maryna
Thank you for your feedback. But as i explained before, i am using a custom component and when exporting it as a plugin i cannot add it as a project template. So my question is: can i save a version of a custom component/backup a custom component, then modify this custom component, and if needed restore from the saved version/ restore from backup the original version of this custom component?
Thanx!

Maryna Brodina

Hello Carlota!

Sorry, just to ensure we are on the same page...
[quote:] i am using a custom component and when exporting it as a plugin i cannot add it as a project template[/quote]to add it as project template you need to export entire project and I guess you are trying to export custom component only as shown on screenshot below
In this case you can try saved plugin in Create new--From Plugin section

Is this what you are looking for?

Carlota

Maryna
First of all, thank you for your fast response.

I think I found a way to restore a Custom Component 'old version': I must remember to export it as an Appery.io plugin everytime I introduce changes on it, and save it with an incremental name, so if I implement 5 versions, I will have 5 Plugins. This way if I want to use an old version of the custom component, I just need to get the "old version" associated plugin.

I mean, on Appery.io Plugin tab:
-there is no "Version" option.
-the "BackUp" option seems to be useless because I did not find the way to restore the backup.

If you find a better approach, please let me know
Thank you for your feedback!
Carlota F:

Maryna Brodina

Hi Carlota :)

The way you described above seems to be right.

[quote:]there is no "Version" option[/quote] no unfortunately
[quote:]the "BackUp" option seems to be useless because I did not find the way to restore the backup[/quote]do you mean restoring app from backup? Here is how to do that http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...

Carlota

Maryna
First of all, thank you for your feedback!
When I explained that "the "BackUp" option seems to be useless because I did not find the way to restore the backup"; I was referring to plugin backup option, in the following context: I export a custom component as a plugin; I backup it, then I make changes on the custom component, and then I try to restore the backup.
If you find the way to restore a custom component from its plugin backup please let me know, and thank you again for your help!
Carlota F:

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

Looks like the only way to go is the one described above.

Return to “Issues”