Ellen Schlechter

Is it possible to have the same button run both a create service and an update service?

Ok so what I did was save what is in the label to local storage then I in the query parameter JS {"_id": "check_id"} because "check_id" is what I call the LSV. It didn't change the results in the console. Anything I missed?

Yurii Orishchuk

Is it possible to have the same button run both a create service and an update service?

Hi Ellen,

It's very important to understand how DB works..

Please learn carefully following basic document about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relation...

Regards.

Ellen Schlechter

I feel like I have an understanding but I do not see how that pertains to what I am missing. I figured if anything, I needed something beside "check_id" to show that it was from local storage.

Alena Prykhodko

Hello,

Here you can find how to work with Appery.io - map, get, set variables
http://blog.bismallion.com/collection...

Ellen Schlechter

Ok I had done all of that except I didn't map the LSV to the query. I mapped the label that held the LSV to it then in the JS I had the code that I didn't know how to use. So I got rid of the JS and changed the mapping and still had the same unsuccessful results. And I don't need to use a read service right?

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi Ellen,

Things you are trying to do are simple.

Please follow these steps:

1. create new page or app.

2. pass step-by step following tutorial http://blog.bismallion.com/collection...

It's necessary to understand basics of the Appery.io to resume.

Regards.

Ellen Schlechter

After creating a new app with that tutorial here are the steps I took:

1. I made major changes to the check box list service. The only thing that it lists now is the _id. The create service remains the same.

2. I added a read service. In the before send, I have it _id mapped to the query parameter. (I shouldn't have to map the sessionToken because I am just using _id, right?) In the success, I have it mapped like this. All of them go to "checked".

3. I invoke the read service when the panel is opened.
    The _id is listed as it should be but the checkboxes are not checked based on what is in the database. They are all unchecked even though I have them to be checked by default. (I set this in the properties.) Any idea why?

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi Ellen,

Please share with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a this new app that you done step-by-step for the given tutorial.

Regards.

Ellen Schlechter

The new app works fine. Those are the steps I used to try to implement the same practices into my old app. The old app is shared with support and called Ellens test app.

Maryna Brodina

Hello Ellen!

We need to take a look on new created app.

Return to “Issues”