sujatavid

Re: google play store says my device is not compatible

It appears to be an issue with Google's Android operating system. To fix the “your device is not compatible with this version” error message, try clearing the Google Play Store cache, and then data. Next, restart the Google Play Store and try installing the app again.

ayaanly

JohnWick128 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:18 pm

May be it's because your device is using an older version, try updating your device to latest.
If it doesn't fix your issue then clear cache of playstore app from app settings
I hope it will help you a little. Thank you.

Hey I have updated and cleared cache but still facing this issue.

Ashu

arddk wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:10 am

I have a Xperia c, google play store is GTA 5 not compatible of this phone, Somebody you have the road version of GTA 5 says , I need it. Vanced Manager

What is the road version?

richardferrym

The error appears when the Play Store thinks your device isn't compatible with the app you're trying to download. This doesn't mean that there's an issue with your device. The error means the app developer hasn't chosen your device for their app

Ashu

arddk wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:10 am

I have a Xperia c, google play store is GTA 5 not compatible of this phone, Somebody you have the road version of GTA 5 says , I need it.
GBWhatsApp APK

It's not a device or google play store fault. GTA 5 is not available on Android. You can play it on PC, Xbow, or PS only.
However, GTA San Andreas is available on the Google Play Store. You can buy and play it without any issues.
Hope it helps you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

juliet

praakzale wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:25 am
john42471 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:29 am
kirito wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:39 pm

Thanks for sharing your views on this topic. but if the device is not compatible with the app, that means the application's requirements are not fulfilled by the device. so how clearing the play store's cache or reinstalling the play store will help? no offense here..just asking and i appreciate that you try to help.FM whatsapp

Thanks very much it help me to understand. What i was thinking i have issue in play store. But in reallity it was not compatible with the app i want to install.

My device is not compatible with the app,i just reinstalled it.You can also try same.

The issue may arise from Android compatibility. Clearing Play Store cache may resolve unrelated glitches, but won't make an incompatible app work. Your insight about app requirements stands true. Clarification appreciated.

juliet

Terry Gilliver wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:46 am

how does android min sdk and target sdk affect the app? I want it to be available to as many versions as possible.

The minSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion in Android's build.gradle file affect app compatibility and behavior:

Code: Select all

minSdkVersion: Specifies the minimum Android version your app supports. Lowering it expands compatibility but restricts access to newer features.

targetSdkVersion: Sets the highest API level your app is tested against. Newer devices use compatibility behavior closer to this version.

To make your app available to as many versions as possible:

Code: Select all

minSdkVersion: Keep this value relatively low, but consider the trade-off between compatibility and access to newer features.

targetSdkVersion: Set it to the highest tested API level. Regularly update to the latest stable version.

Testing and Optimization: Extensively test on various Android versions to ensure compatibility. Optimize for both newer and older devices.

Feature Checks: Use runtime checks for specific features introduced in higher versions, so the app gracefully handles compatibility issues.

Support Libraries: Utilize AndroidX libraries and backward-compatible features to ease compatibility concerns.

Google Play Services: If needed, use version-specific dependencies to access Google Play Services functionality across different versions.
christkenddy

same as the title of this thread says :!:

Your device is not compatible to install this app.

Return to “Issues”