andi

Copy and paste Pages/Services/Components to other project?

Is it possible to copy Services and Pages to other projects?

I have a login screen with login REST Service which i would like to use in an other project without creating all from zero - possible?

And can i copy and paste a single component too from one page to other page (same or different project)?

Maryna Brodina

I have a login screen with login REST Service which i would like to use in an other project without creating all from zero - possible? -- you can export app as plugin (Export entire project or just some screens/services) - take a look here http://docs.appery.io/documentation/a...

And can i copy and paste a single component too from one page to other page (same or different project)? -- you can save components as "Custom component" and use it on other creens (please note that it's available to use only within one app), you can also duplicate pages.

Carlota

Hi Maryna!
I have a doubt related to plugin backup (not the whole project but just some screens/services/components)... what's the purpose for it? I mean, I do not see any option to restore the plugin from its backup...
Thank you in advance!
Carlota F:

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Carlota,

Could you please detail, have you read how to work with plugins http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat... ?
Could you please clarify with more details what do you do and what is wrong? Perhaps, some screenshots will be helpful for us to better understand your issue.

Carlota

Evgene
Sorry my question was not very specific. I am referring to the option "backup" under the tab "plugins" -see screenshot-. Let's assume I introduce changes in the plugin, so I backup the old version first. Can I restore the old version plugin from the backup?
Thank you in advance!
Carlota F:

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi Carlota,

You can backup and then restore plugin when you need.

But these changes could be applied only for new app(during installing this plugin) and not to the app with already installed plugin.

Regards.

Carlota

Yurii
How can i restore the plugin backup, then? I do not see any menu option to do it
Thank you in advance!
Carlota f.

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Carlota,

Please peruse this doc http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...
From Apps dashboard click Create new app - More create options - Create From Template

Carlota

Alena
Thank you for your fast response!
Let me see if I understood it.
If I want to backup a plugin just in case in the future I want to restore it; your recommendation is to export it with option "Add this plugin as project template”. With any new version of the plugin I want to backup, i shall export it also with option "Add this plugin as project template” and store the template with a different name, right?
Thank you in advance!
Carlota F.

Illya Stepanov

Hi Carlota,

Yes, you're right!

Return to “Issues”