Mark6921260

Getting a build error with the IPA: Invlaid pair of Provision Profile and Certificate

I was trying to re-create new certificates as my previous ones have expired.
My app has been in the apple app store for almost a year so it already has an App ID.

I went through many of the communities posts about the Build error: Invalid pair of Provision Profile and Certificate.

I even went as far a s to obtain a Mac to create the p12 and provision profile but I still get an error.

I will outline my process in hopes you can tell me where I went wrong.

1. I removed the old certificates and prov. profiles from my appery account.

2. In a Mac I created a CSR file via Keychain Access.

3. I used the CSR file to re-create an ios development certificate on the Apple developer's website.

4. I used the developer certificate in KeyChain Access to export a p12 file.

5. I then went to Production certificates to create a ios Distribution certificate (App Store and Ad Hoc).

I used the same CSR that I created in the previous step to create the distribution certificate.

6. I went to provisioning profile on the Apple Developer website and chose to create a Distribution (App Store) provisioning profile.

I used the same App ID that I had used the first time I successfully submitted the app to Apple's app store last year. I used the ios Distribution certificate that I created in the previous step.

7. So now with my p12 file and my Provision Profile, I log onto Appery.io and I add the p12 file to my Resources and mark it as default.

8. I open my project and go to App settings = ios binary. I scroll to the bottom and
    select the p12 file I just added to my resources.

9. I upload the provisioning profile that I just created and select it.

10. I got to Export = Binary .IPA and then I get this Build error.

I have spent all day working on this trying to get it to work and not having any success, so I figured it would be best to seek help.

Please let me know what else I can do to assist you in helping me.

Illya Stepanov

Getting a build error with the IPA: Invlaid pair of Provision Profile and Certificate

Hi Mark -

Please make sure that you've uploaded correct files to your Resources tab. And have set correct Bundle ID (com.company.***) for your new certificate in your App Settings.

Mark6921260

Hi Illya,

I followed your request and everything looks correct. I've included screenshots in case I am looking at them wrong.

-This shows the P12 file that was created by Apple's KeyChain Access

-This image shows this same file in my Resource tab.

-This image show the same file chosen to be used in my IPA build.

Next for Bundle ID, here is an image showing the Apple ID for this app:

Here is an image showing the same ID being used for my Bundle ID to build the IPA:

I still get the same build error, so does this look correct so far?

Alena Prykhodko

Mark,

Please share (http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...) your app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a and tell us its name.

Mark6921260

Hi Alena,

I've toggled on the Share with support.
The name of the app is The Packard Draft Inducer Guide.

Thank you,
Mark

Illya Stepanov

Hi Mark -

As we can see you have edited source files: http://prntscr.com/8nz4gs

Please delete blue file and make "Undo all source changes" on main folder. In any case before doing this make a backup file of your project.

Mark6921260

Hi Illya,

I followed your instructions but am still getting the same Build error.

Illya Stepanov

As I can see in our logs your last build was successful:

pre
BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 34.119s
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Oct 02 08:28:53 PDT 2015
/pre

Mark6921260

Looking at the timestamp, that build was complete but when I tried to publish it to the apple app store it came back with the following error:

ERROR ITMS-90161: "Invalid Provisioning Profile." [missing-code-signing certificate]. A distribution provisioning profile should be used when submitting apps to the AppStore.

I'm sure this was due to my initial error of using the ad hoc version of the provisioning profile that is used to test the app on a set of limited devices and not the profile for the App store.

Mark6921260

I tried completely closing my browser and reopening appery.io to try and export the ipa, but again I get the same Build Error.

Return to “Issues”