Mark6921260

Getting a build error with the IPA: Invlaid pair of Provision Profile and Certificate

Trying to understand why I keep getting the same build error about the provisioning profile , I once again created a new provisioning profile following exactly the directions given in the video on the Appery.io website

Even after adding this new provisioning profile (DIG_distribution_profile2016), I still get the same error.

I'll await further instruction.

Illya Stepanov

Getting a build error with the IPA: Invlaid pair of Provision Profile and Certificate

Mark - this error means that you are generating not a distribution provisioning profile for your binary build.

Illya Stepanov

It doesn't matter, if it is completely new or not -- it should correspond to your development or distribution certificate file and has correct App ID name for this pair of files and corresponds to previously uploaded version in AppStore App ID.

Mark6921260

That is correct. Since then I have gone back and created a distribution provisioning profile. With this new one that I am using that I am still getting the Build error was created with the App store option and not the Ad Hoc option.

Just to clarify I am no longer using the profile that caused the ERROR ITMS-90161 from Apple. I am now using a distribution profile that was created correctly. Now I am getting an error from Appery when I try to build my ipa that says "Invalid pair of provision profile and Certificate..."

Also just wanted to say I appreciate you time Illya.

Mark6921260

Ok. First I see that my App ID is correct in all three places.

Appery account:

Apple Developer account:

Apple app store account:

I then check my provision profile and see it also contains the correct App ID and the Distribution Certificate.

Am I incorrect that everything looks right on my side? Is it possible that there is a problem with the Appery ipa building process?

Should I try again to build an Ad Hoc ipa like the one that was successful in your logs to see if it works?

Illya Stepanov

I don't see any changes in our logs -

-- the last was: preFinished at: Fri Oct 02 08:28:53 PDT 2015 -- [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS/pre

Mark6921260

Illya can you try to build it and see if you are getting the same Build error?

Mark6921260

Hi Illya,

Just checking to see if you are still working on this or if I got dropped.

I'm assuming you are still are but just wanted to check so I can inform my manager.

Thank you

Mark6921260

Checking in to see if you were able to recreate my error when you tried to build the ipa for my project.
If your log only shows the last successful build and not all the subsequent Build errors, I'm thinking there may be a problem either with your server or how my project is being handled.
I tried to build the ipa at least a dozen times and I keep getting the same build error I show at the top of this post.

Illya Stepanov

Hi Mark -

We were able to build your app binary package using our certificate and provision profile without any problems.

Please make sure that you generating correct pair of certificate file and provisioning profile file including your Bundle ID.

Also please note that submitting app to online store falls outside the scope of our standard support -- https://devcenter.appery.io/support-p...

Return to “Issues”