Alex GG

app not available on all Android devices

Hi Maryna, I have done that, I delete unnesessary permissions on my app directly n the AndroidManifest file, and also in the App Settings/Android Permissions...

I tried to leave just the necessary permissions according to what the app needs.
(for example: I delete camera, audio, sms, etc)

Then build app, upload to Google market, and the "no compatibles" value decreases (this is what I want)...........But unfurtunately when installing the app on the my test phone, (samsung, sony) the app crashes.

So I need to undo all canges and build again and upload to the market, and it worked fine again..

Maybe Im doing something wrong....Could you please help me to find the right permissions in my app, so I can configure the AndroidManifest well, to avoid app chrashes?

App Name : Coapapp

Regards

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Alex,

Could you please also make sure the app is shared with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a?

Kateryna Grynko

HI Alex,

Regrettably, it's impossible to make your app work on any device without exception. All you can try is to decrease a number of unsupported devices.

To do this please try removing permissions one by one to detect which are needed and which are not. You would need to build and upload your app each time to check if a number is changed.

Alex GG

Hi Katya, could you please help me with this?

My main customer has a Huawei Y320-U151 Android version 4.2.2. And as I said, my app is not available for this phone.

According to the AndroidManifest permissions, which one do you think is the one that I should remove to access this model?

And other question, If I remove a permission under the tab App settings/Android permissions it automatically update the AndroidManifest? Or should I remove it directly from the file? what is the relationship between them.

Regards

Alex GG

These are the default permissions:

android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"

The Huawei Y320-U151 has camera 2MP, aGPS, its display is 480x800...

I dont understand what permissions should I remove.

Regards

Alex GG

These are the default permissions:

The Huawei Y320-U151 has camera 2MP, aGPS, its display is 480x800...

I dont understand what permissions should I remove.

Regards Image

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Alex,

1) You should remove permissions one by one to make the application with a minimal set of permissions doesn't crush
2) You should contact the support of Google market to find out why the application is not available on Huawei Y320-U151.
3) [quote:]"If I remove a permission under the tab App settings/Android permissions it automatically update the AndroidManifest?"[/quote]
If you didn't change anything in the file AndroidManifest on tab Source then of course all that you change the Builder will be applied to the file AndroidManifest. if you something changed in AndroidManifest on tab Source then changes in the Builder won't affect this file. You may read more here http://devcenter.appery.io/tutorials/...

Alex GG

Hi,
Users reported another device not supported to my App (Sony Xperia E1 mod. 2004).

I spent 3 hrs doing step 1, as suggested by Evgene, and found that if I remove the "CAMERA" permission, this device changes to "available"

This is my question:

My app uses the Barcode Reader, so it uses the camera; Sony Xperia E1 has a 3.1 Mb camera, why it's unavailable if the permission is checked? and if I remove this permission, the app would work fine, I mean the Barcode feature will work fine?

Regards

Alex GG

Hi, Any update here?

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

Please read more here http://developer.android.com/guide/to...:

"In some cases, the permissions that you request through can affect how your application is filtered by Google Play.

If you request a hardware-related permission — CAMERA, for example — Google Play assumes that your application requires the underlying hardware feature and filters the application from devices that do not offer it.

To control filtering, always explicitly declare hardware features in elements, rather than relying on Google Play to "discover" the requirements in elements. Then, if you want to disable filtering for a particular feature, you can add a android:required="false" attribute to the declaration."

Return to “Issues”