Matt Scott

Change Available Fonts in Font Face Drop-Down Selector in Properties for Label Component

well, that took care of the blue file in the source tab. but for some reason, when i change font face and size in editor are still not being reflected in the source startScreen.css. hmmmm.

just when i think i'm learning this stuff, i seem to find more problems. tired. time to stop for tonight and go to sleep.

Matt Scott

Change Available Fonts in Font Face Drop-Down Selector in Properties for Label Component

when you get a chance, please also take a look at my above post concerning the base64 font method - it works in web preview, but not in the appery tester.

thanks so much!!

Matt Scott

ok, thank you Katya. i logged in again this morning just to have another look and compared the startScreen.css file with the editor once again. there are many cases of the startScreen.css not being updated following the editor in regards to font face and size. (i didn't change anything with startScreen.css - just looked to see what was there).

i found a way to fix the font size, (at least in some cases - i haven't tried all, but seems like it should work for all).

(1) i saw what was hard coded into the startScreen.css on each line for font size, for example:

.Response_5_Thai_mobilelabel_25 {
font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font-size: 22px;

(2) then i went back to the editor and changed the font size in the editor to match what was coded into the css - in the above case - 22.

(3) Saved the project. then, went back to the editor and changed the font size to the value i wanted - for example, 26. Then, it accepted the changes and everything worked normally again.

It still leaves me puzzled as to why this problem occurred to begin with. Whatever happened, I don't want to do it again, that's for sure. Also, quite tedious to have to do this manually.

As for font face on some labels...
I still am having troubles. Even trying the method above, I can't seem to "clear" that hard coding from some lines in the css. For example:

.Man_2_Eng_mobilelabel_17 {
font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 24px;

I don't want that font-family hard-coded there, because I am controlling font for the entire project using class names via my cssfontclass.css file.

Whereas, on my labels that are working correctly, the code in startScreen.css is like this:
.Man_2_Eng_mobilelabel_45 {
font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font-size: 24px;

where font-family is not hard-coded into the css, and the font is able to be controlled by my separate cssfontclass.css file.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Matt

Matt Scott

Thank you Marina for such a detailed response.

Unfortunately, I still cannot get this to work. I followed your instructions for each step. the base66 generated code had over 60,000 characters. so i used the \ at the end of every 10th line and hit the enter key - resulting in lines of about 10,000 characters each - like you said.

i copied and pasted your most recent code from above:
@font-face {
font-family: 'MyFontName';
src:
url('data:application/octet-stream;base64,AAEAAAASAQAABAAgR1BPU4miooUAAc\
u7ACoAAQBZAAQruAANEL\
kERI5ALgAAEVYuABC\
Lxu5AEIACT5ZuAAARVi4ACkvG7kAAC\
AFAAAQADABEAEgAUAAEAAgBCAFA=') format('truetype') / Safari, Android, iOS /
}

and replaced the above
AAEAAAASAQAABAAgR1BPU4miooUAAc\
u7ACoAAQBZAAQruAANEL\
kERI5ALgAAEVYuABC\
Lxu5AEIACT5ZuAAARVi4ACkvG7kAAC\
AFAAAQADABEAEgAUAAEAAgBCAFA

with my base64 generated code with multiple lines and still...

It did not work.

so i tried every variation i could find in your different posts, for example, this topic:
https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...

where you posted this code:

@font-face {
font-family: 'MyWebFont';
src: url('data:application/octet-stream;base64,[string from converted file .woff]') format('woff'), /* Modern Browsers /
url('data:application/octet-stream;base64,[string from converted file .ttf]') format('truetype') / Safari, Android, iOS */
}

and then stated, "- string you get from converter (you have to use it without [] and spaces) "

so i tried leaving in the .ttf - following the instructions from this previous post.

that didn't work either.

I just can't think of anything else. i have tried over and over again - multiple times just in case i made a mistake. still nothing.

is there some other variation of code i should try? perhaps your other code that you posted previously in this thread - 19 days ago? that coding is a bit different from the code today.

i am clueless. almost 1 month in this topic - to simply change the font in my app.

Maryna Brodina

No need to add .ttf. Looks like you have some errors. Please post your public app link.

Matt Scott

hi, marina. i'm sorry to be such a bother on this issue. i just can't seem to find the error. here's my public link.

http://appery.io/app/mobile-frame?src...

thanks so much.

matt

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Matt,

The only font you set correctly is CSSfontthai1.

In CSSfontquark there are ".woff" and ".ttf" in the end of base64 string. They shouldn't be.

In CSSfont and CSSnueva there are extra [ .woff] .ttf], and base64 string doesn't seem to be copied fully (Should have "=" in the end).

Please change all the fonts similarly to CSSfontthai1

Matt Scott

Hello Katya,

Thank you very much for your help.

But CSSfontthai1 also does not work when I test in the Appery tester. That is the the reason for my continued efforts in this topic. I also thought that it was correct. I can't seem to find any errors in it. But it still does not worl.

I know that CSSfont and CSSnueva and CSSfontquark are not correct. I tried those codes based off of the instructions in earlier posts from Ms. Marina. For example, the code earlier in this thread, and also the code given in the thread here:
https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...

In those posts by Marina, the instructions given were not complete, and so someone like me, (a newbie), could not follow correctly. Because of this, Marina graciously posted detailed instructions for me in this thread yesterday. I followed those instructions, and the result was CSSfontthai1. Again, I thought it would work - but it does not when I test in the Appery tester.

Again, I am clueless as to what to try next.

Thanks SO MUCH for all of your help everyone.

Matt

Maryna Brodina

Hello! Perhaps there are some errors in font file. Could you send us that file at a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a or post the link where you get that file.

Return to “Issues”