Ian Usher7109531

Database Size

I understand that the maximum size you can import into the appery database is 20mb. I have asked this question before and the answer that i received was that you can write a script that will merge two tables together in order to get data into one table.

I just wondered if anybody could point me in the right direction of how to do this? Or simply point me in the correct direction elsewhere.

My understanding is that the backend database is Mongodb, ive checked the website out, but cant easily see where or how this would be done.

If somebody could assist with this i would be eternally grateful.

Many thanks,

Ian

Evgene Karachevtsev

Database Size

Hello Ian,

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand you correctly, could you please clarify your question - you want to upload bigger file than 20 mb or you want to merge 2 records in some collection into one?

Ian Usher7109531

Database Size

Hi Evgene,

I am after loading in a file that consists of more than 20mb. I know that i need to split the file into two and load into two seperate databases. I just dont know how to then create this as one file once loaded in.

I hope that clarifies things. Thank you,

Ian

Serhii Kulibaba

Database Size

Hello Ian,

Could you clarify, do you want import database from the cvs (json) file, or upload this file into the files collection?

RobertJay

Database Size

Ian, about a month ago I suggested the critical idea (which Appery accepted) that appends be allowed on imports. I'm awaiting word on whether that was incorporated in yesterday's update, but if it was that will perhaps be a much easier way of doing what you want.

RobertJay

Database Size

UPDATE: I've just looked, and as far as I can tell it's NOT been added despite Appery's assertion three weeks ago that it would be added in the "soonest release".

Ian Usher7109531

Database Size

That sounds perfect. Ill keep my eye out for this in (hopefully) a future release. Thank you.

Ian Usher7109531

Database Size

Hi Sergiy,

I want to import a new database from a CSV file. I hope that helps?

Ian

Alena Prykhodko

Database Size

Hello,

You can append data to collection.
Open collection - Click Import data http://prntscr.com/81h6pm. You can use only files to 20 MB.

Return to “Issues”