Gail

geolocation coupons tutorial

Your geolocation tutorial is very helpful, but it would be great if you would do a geolocation coupons tutorial that picks up where the first geolocation tutorial left off. Geolocation coupons are an important selling point when developing apps for local businesses.

maxkatz

Thank you for your idea.. it is indeed a good feature. I'll find a provider that offers coupons via REST API and publish another tutorial.

maxkatz

Here is API from CityGrid that takes latitude/longitude and returns available offers in this area. The steps would be like this:

ol
liUse Geolocation component to get current location/li
liSave current location in local storage (or use it directly)/li
liUse CityGrid Offers API to search for offers/li
/ol

If you know how to use Geolocation service and REST service, building this app is pretty simple.

nitzanly

Hi Max,

As always your answers are very useful.

What if I want the application to alert the user when its not active, Meaning, I want the application to sample its location every X min and if its near a location to alert the user (even if its not open)

Many thanks,
Nitzan

Gail

Yes, that would be very helpful. The main point of geolocation coupons is to alert a potential customer to an offer when they're nearby as that's the best time to get them into your business.

maxkatz

You could set a timer to invoke the geolocation every x-number of seconds.

Return to “Issues”