Jeff Givens

iOS .ipa Click Events Not functioning properly

In the project I'm building here (I have shared with support, btw), the Android build works great and is already published on the Google Play store; however, the iOS build is not functioning properly when I install the .ipa on my iPad.

For the most part, everything is working it seems--just not these Click events that transition to other pages. I will send support an email regarding some username/login credentials that would be needed to test the issue.

What I'm seeing is that there are some objects that will not accept a Click event and transition to the new page. The links work in the "Test Mode" in browser. They also work if I scan the barcode from test mode on my iPad and run it from there. They also work fine in every situation for the android builds. Just the .ipa builds are having problems with the "Click" events. And it's not even every occurence of said event...just on some of them.

Have you seen this before?

Illya Stepanov

Hi Jeff -- 'click events' should work properly on iOS devices, anyway we'll test your app.

Maryna Brodina

Hello Jeff! Can you try to use Virtual Click event instead Click one? Please let us know result.

Jeff Givens

I will give it a try tonight.

Jeff Givens

Virtual click worked on the ones that did not function properly. Thanks for the solution! ...any reason why they would work with Virtual Click but not Click, though? Just for future reference.

Craig Davis

Hello Jeff, how exactly did you solve this problem using 'Virtual Click'? I seem to all of a sudden have the same issue with my app.

Jeff Givens

When you define your 'Event' in Appery by selecting the item, you need to edit the 'Click' selection to say 'Virtual Click' from the dropdown menu. Marina's links below give more details on the issue, but the basic idea I think is that it is browser-dependent for your mobile device.

I think Appery recommend using "Click" in most cases, but in my case, I found that "Click" was not working for certain links--not all, but only some, within the program. As for why it would work for some and not others, the only thing that I could tell that was different about THIS link versus my other links was that I had Text (Label component) within Grid cells. I had the Text link as well as the Grids in most cases--but in this one, I had 2 grids real close together. Beyond that, I didn't do any additional testing because my issue was resolved. Best of luck to you!

Craig Davis

Thanks Jeff for the info, when I added an HTML component (with java and touch events) that seems to have had made all my NAV button 'click' events stop working.

Jeff Givens

You know, it's funny that you mention that, because I don't recall seeing this issue before adding a Panel with HTML content in it. I pulled the content in via a REST service and mapped it to the Panel. That being said, none of my click events that broke were on pages that had the HTML components. They were all on other pages that DIDN'T have any Panel/HTML components.

Either way, everything worked fine in my Android build, but I had issues with the iOS build.

Return to “Issues”