Adam Garbinski

Some services not working when switching to library 2.1

Yes, I have. It could be the reason of this error. I pass the value of SessionToken to the service header in the "before mapping" event. For most of the time this value is empty because I use it only when the user logs into database and gets a valid session token to use some special features in the app.
So basically it looks like for some reason in the version 1.2 of Apper libraries passing empty value to service headers does not generate error but in version 2.1 it throws critical error (in fact it is not an empty value but there is virtually no "SessionToken" present in local storage, because it only appears after succesfull login).

So my first question is what can I do about it?

The second thing is that even when I provide a valid session token, the service named "restservice_GroupList_query" loads incorrect items into my LIST control. Please take look at the screen attached:

The items are unproportionally big and the list does not respond to any clicks (no errors at the console).

And when I swith back to the 1.2 version of library I get valid and clickable list:

So my second question is how do I fix it?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Adam,

Could you please clarify, do yo have any other js custom code in your app, especially on this page, which can be related to the jquery library version?
It's looks like that the library of jQuery is changed, and it uses old or obsolete functions.

Adam Garbinski

No Evgene. The only custom code I have in this service that fails to run is shown on the screens above (Success Event). This service is called "restservice_GroupList_query". I was able to narrow the problem to this service. But if you are asking about custom code in other parts of the app - yes lots of it. I wouldn't know where to start. Can you please be more specific?

Adam Garbinski

Hello Appery.
More than two weeks passed since I have reported the issue. So far I have made very little progress with that. I am not able to update my app, which is currently at risk of being removed from GPlay and AppStore. Can I count on your support with that?

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Adam,

Working on it.
We'll keep posting as soon as have updates from developer.

Adam Garbinski

Thanks Alena, really appreciate your quick update. Cheers.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Adam,

1) Could you please clarify, have you tried to open console once in a while ?
2) All requests to DB fails
http://gyazo.com/53590b5488851bb895a9...
3) Reason
http://gyazo.com/aae98a8f7c61d7f1df98...

Adam Garbinski

Hello Evgene,

I am aware of the errors and screenshots you have posted. I just haven't got any clue why in lib 1.2 they do not appear and the app works fine but in 2.1 the same service does not work and throws this errors.

This is what I have posted above:

"Yes, I have. It could be the reason of this error. I pass the value of SessionToken to the service header in the "before mapping" event. For most of the time this value is empty because I use it only when the user logs into database and gets a valid session token to use some special features in the app.
So basically it looks like for some reason in the version 1.2 of Apper libraries passing empty value to service headers does not generate error but in version 2.1 it throws critical error (in fact it is not an empty value but there is virtually no "SessionToken" present in local storage, because it only appears after succesfull login).

So my first question is what can I do about it?
"

I know that it throws invalid session token error. I still do not why. Also if your read my post carefully you will see that I tried to pass a valid session token instead an empty string. And what I get is a messed up list (not responding to click with big resized icons) with no error at the console.

I feel like we are running in circles with that issue. What do you need to solve it?

Adam Garbinski

Hi Appery,
Any news on that issue?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Adam,

Sorry for delay, but unfortunately we are still working on it.

Return to “Issues”