eric okeson

Mapping with JS freezes

After maintenance release mapping with JS freezes. Mapping without JS doesn't freeze. Problem occurs in all browsers in multiple computers. Problem persists with newly created pages. Bottom line, I can't edit any mapping after I add JS to the mapping because it always freezes. Problem did not exists 2 weeks ago.

Illya Stepanov

Mapping with JS freezes

Hi Eric,

Is this occurs on some particular app or in any app you've created in the builder?

eric okeson

Mapping with JS freezes

I only have 1 app. I occurs with existing pages, or on any new page I make.

Illya Stepanov

Mapping with JS freezes

Please share (http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...) your app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a and send us the app name.

eric okeson

Mapping with JS freezes

It is shared. The app name is "knowtest03"

xman

Mapping with JS freezes

I am going through a huge headache after this platform update. The older mappings which has JS in them hang the platform and since I did not remember what they were, I had to spend days to figure out what was going on.

Not knowing several previously working features were now broken, I continued to work on the updated version. Now, had this problem where I was stuck with some features working in the older version and the newly developed ones in the newer version. ...what a mess this new Appery version has created. To fix the mappings, I had to do repetitive restores to older version, see the code, come back to newer version, find the freezing mapping, kill appery, restart appery, delete that mapping, recreate that mapping and put in the original JS ....jeez!!! :(

In addition to mappings causing hangs there are other things which are broken. For instance, the camera service to selection pictures from "saved photo library" and "Photolibrary" does not work at all - it simply defaults to "Camera" SourceType when you try that feature. Additionally, certain middleware function interfaces have also changed - causing uncaught exceptions.

One of my threads awaiting response on a major/common feature (now broken) is here: https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...

eric okeson

Mapping with JS freezes

I've that when there is only 1 or 2 lines of JS in the mapping that things work fine. But when I add the following script to the mapping, the editor freezes the next time I try to open it.

//put the item names from the data list that you want to ignore
var mainIgnoreList = ['image_urls','avg_price','ean13','factual_id','size','servings','serving_size','upc'];

Code: Select all

var itemsList = list; 

/* css configurations*/
//main UL / LI classes
var mainULclass= 'mainULclass';
var mainULid= 'mainULid';
var mainLIclass= 'mainLIclass';

//sub UL / LI classes
var subULclass= 'subULclass';
var subULid= 'subULid';
var subLIclass= 'subLIclass';

//builds the list items
var html = 'ul class="'+mainULclass+'"';
master = value;
for(var key in master){
if(mainIgnoreList.indexOf(key) == -1){
var val = master[key];
if(val instanceof Array ){
html = html + 'li class="'+mainLIclass+'"ul class="'+subULclass+'"/ul'+key+'';
for(var item in val){
var class = itemsList[val[item]] ? itemsList[val[item]] : 'default';
html = html + '/lili class="'+subLIclass+' '+class+'" ' + val[item] + '/li';
}
html = html + '/ul';
} else {
var _class = itemsList[key] ? itemsList[key] : 'default';
html = html + ' '+ key + ' ' + master[key] + '';
}
}

Code: Select all

} 

html = html + '';
return html;

Maryna Brodina

Mapping with JS freezes

Hello!

Please try saving new app version backup and restoring app from backup. I tested and it worked for me, I was not able to reproduce issue after restoring from backup.

Please let us know result.

xman

Mapping with JS freezes

If only it was that easy! ...I don't have a big team working on it so I don't test every feature in the app every time appery updates it's version.

What happened here is that I continued to develop more features in the new version without knowing that "the update" broke other major features. Now I have disparate code in both (new version and old version backup) - and a simple restore from backup is not a solution :(

Maryna Brodina

Mapping with JS freezes

So you have problems both in new and old editor? In what editor would you like to continue developing app?

Return to “Issues”