A.W.H.

Suggestion for customizing apps to Android/iOS builds SEPARATELY!! i.e. customize for iPhone/Android both

Hi, I'd like to suggest adding functionality that allows users to customize aspects of their app for iOS and Android as they differ per device.

i.e. For iPhone, be able to customize the 2 default interactive notification buttons. Quick reply.

For Android, same thing but more customizable. It would be cool to expand a notification to see more information. This would be really useful to be able to implement within Appery. (Any reason why Appery cannot/will not?)

Image Image

Add iPhone fingerprint authentication functionality for logging into enterprise apps. Same with other devices that allow for this functionality (Xiaomi?). Add Face unlock for Android phones.

Add gyroscope and fitness tracker and health kit integrations -- allow me to toy with this data within Appery and integrate it into my app flow so that I don't have to figure it out in Xcode using Objective-C. Wi-Fi calling too. This would be incredible.

Add Airdrop functionality to allow users to send/recieve files over bluetooth.

Add more bluetooth functionality for interesting use cases around tracking, user interactions, even sending data over bluetooth (ahem, Fire Chat). Add NFC tracking capabilities for IoT. Apple Pay, Square, and Stripe would all be good. Credit card scanning. A Robinhood stock market plug-in would be neat.

Add thermometer data from the phone's thermometer. Add features that allow users to collect device data, such as infrared transmission, no-touch "wave" control (Android).

Allow for "automation" of apps and multi-apps to support unique workflows. This would be super cool. Say I want to automate 10 text messages to 10 different people without having the user type/send each message on a separate window.

Add widgets to customize iPhone notification screen widgets and Android widgets that display info/buttons. It would be awesome to add widgets to the Android lock screen and be able to use your Appery app from the lock screen.

Add deep links to other apps. I want to deep-link to an Apple Music song, or a FourSquare app link page, or a 1-click Uber ride.

Integrate with Siri & Ok Google/Google Now. This would allow the device AI engines to work more effectively with Appery apps, and to allow users to make the most of these device specific features. This would be great to have.

Add plug-ins for Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and other file sharing apps (besides Box). Why is there only Box?

Add plug-ins for Google Chrome and allow users to browse in app and log into their Google account.

Add a speech to text plug in to allow users to dictate text to be entered in the app.

Add a Machine Learning plug in (ex: Scaled Inference, AWS ML) to allow basic ML/predictive analytics for Appery apps. Examples would be ranking a news feed for a social network app (could use ElasticSearch too), recommending items for an e-commerce shopping app based on user behavior from Google Analytics or ApperyDB user data, suggesting contacts to users in a social network based on graph analytics (i.e. 3rd degree mutual friends).

Add a Siri like AI engine that interacts with users using AI. See Dominos Pizza app for an example.

Add more sensor events, i.e. actions based on the user tilting a device, dropping a device, raising a device, putting it next to their ear, in their pocket, etc.

Add an autotranslator that reads text from Appery app and auto-translates it to other languages using Microsoft translator API.

Add a 3D graphics library plug in.

Add calendar integrations to allow users to collaborate about their schedules.

Location based alerts. Indoor mapping.

Return to “Issues”