Nicklas

Long question

This will be a long question but i will try to explain it as best as i can.

First of all. I have a service that lists up all the users i have in my database.
In my app, I have invoked the service like this:

So when i use this one (the picture bellow) it creates a new "listitem" for every user I have in the database:

What i want to do:

When i click on each listitem, with the different users from my database, I want a page to open up, that shows some info I have on the user (listitem) I click on.

I have tried to show the user-id for each user and write the id to Local-storage when click the listitem, but that doesnt work.

Can anyone give me an idea of how I can solve this or give me a link to read how to do this? (If you understood what I ment :P )

TonyS

Long question

So you passed the ID by first saving it to local storage then using it to filter the service?

So on your detail page you map the locally stored ID to the appropriate field in you db/service?

And it doesn't work?

I do the same thing and it works fine.

I do find the mapping thing very confusing at times, far to complicated:)

Just check that the ID is mapped at the before stage the page components are mapped at the success stage.

Nicklas

Long question

Hmmm... I think im starting from scratch and try it again then. Thank you for the answere!

Nicklas

Long question

I see now that you maybe misunderstood your first question there. The "listitems" is on the page already when I open the page. So in other words i Invoke the list_service with "load page".

TonyS

Long question

Yeah, I do it with 2 pages, the old master detail page routine:)

Serhii Kulibaba

Long question

Hello Nicklas,

Please look at this tutorial: https://devcenter.appery.io/documenta...

Nicklas

Long question

Perfect Sergiy! Thank you! I will try this! :)

Nicklas

Long question

This worked exactly like i wanted it! Thank you!

Return to “Issues”