Alberto da Silva

Fitbit

Dear Tiggzi,

I'm currently looking to develop a mobile application that would connect to Fitbit and display the users Activities, Sleep, etc...

I'm having a little difficulty connecting to Fitbit with JSON. I was wondering if you could look into it for me and then let me know how much it would be to either create a tutorial for me similar to the one you developed for Parse or to create a sample application for me under my account.

I'm not looking for anything complicated just something to get me started. The information of how to connect to the API can be found at:

http://dev.fitbit.com/

I also have the Keys necessary to connect with JSON which I would send by private email.

Sincerely,

Alberto da Silva

maxkatz

Fitbit

Sure, we'll try to build something.

Alberto da Silva

Fitbit

Hi Max,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I just sent you the Fitbit API Keys by private email.

Sincerely,

Alberto da Silva

maxkatz

Fitbit

Thanks for the keys. We signed up for an account so we can test with our own keys. We are working on a small app, to show you how to connect to FitBit services.

maxkatz

Fitbit

Just to give you an update.. we are still working on an example. It turned out to be a little bit more complicate that we thought to connect to their REST services.

Alberto da Silva

Fitbit

Thanks for the update.

Sincerely,

Alberto da Silva

maxkatz

Fitbit

Update. We are still working on connecting to FitBit API.. we have contacted their support as we were getting authentication errors from their services.

Alberto da Silva

Fitbit

Hi Max,

Thanks for the update.

Sincerely,

Alberto da Silva

maxkatz

Fitbit

Here is what's happening. We tried to connect to FitBit API, but were getting authentication errors from their service. We contacted their support, they did reply promptly, but unfortunately couldn't resolve the problem. I guess the message that we got was that using their services from JavaScript with oAuth - might or might not work but wasn't really tested. Until they can help us further, there is not much we can do.

Alberto da Silva

Fitbit

Hi Max,

No problem. Thanks for looking into this.

Sincerely,

Alberto da Silva

Return to “Issues”