Seems items array is empty or there an error has occurred:

1) Open console before your service sends request
2) Call service
3) See if there is error in console
4) If not, go to network tab of console. Find last request to DB
5) Open preview, and find in the response items array that should be mapped

Kevin Crow

Vimeo widget slow to stream video

I went through the steps above and this is my conclusion. After digging through the all the console errors and trying to make sense of it all. It came down to this error.

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://api.appery.io/rest/1/proxy/tu.... This can be fixed by moving the resource to the same domain or enabling CORS.

I had a proxy set on the service. After removing the proxy the youtube portion started working correctly.

I have noticed though that the request for the vimeo api doesn't update. It appears to not be requesting new content. I import the response and that's the same response that always appears, even though new videos have been added by the requested user. Is there some way to force a new request each time the service is loaded?

Illya Stepanov

Hi -

Does your request to vimeo appears in the network tab?

Kevin Crow

Ok.. well maybe I lied. I have the exported app on my phone and it is showing the latest videos from vimeo. So it appears to be pulling correctly. It was just not appearing updated in the appery platform until imported a new response. Thanks for all of your help in all of this.

Kevin Crow

Maybe I lied again. The version of the app I had installed was actually using a kimonolabs api instead of actual vimeo. I will keep a watch on it to see if it updates or not and keep you guys updated.

The original problem though, about vimeo streaming really slowly still exists and I dont think its the widget, I just think its vimeo. The youtube side of that app streams so much faster.

Return to “Issues”